- 3 medium navel oranges, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 medium lemons, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 medium limes, sliced into thin rounds
- 6 large fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- 3 fl. oz. (6 Tbs.) plata (silver) tequila
- 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine, chilled
- 1 750-ml bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
Put the oranges, lemons, limes, and mint in a large plastic container. Pour the agave nectar over the fruit. Add the tequila and mix gently. Add the white wine, cover, and let the mixture marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Put the fruit mixture in a large drink dispenser or divide among 2 large pitchers. Top off with the sparkling wine and the lemon-lime soda.
Pictures from my southern travels.
- Miami resort with pool slide!
- Runs around the cruise ship, with sea air blowing through my hair-amazing experience.
- Making friends with “Uncle Willie” at the rum distillery in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Gorgeous Fairhope, AL—absolutely want to go back!
- A throw pillow with my new motto on it.
- Perfect New Orleans picture. Love it!
- Sibling picture.
- Oak Alley plantation—so picturesque (except the sticky heat that was totally present which you cannot feel through the pic).
Breaking into the fashion industry is no small feat and landing your dream job is next to impossible — especially with the shaky state of print magazines. But there are a few books that can give you a leg up.
VACATION, yes please!
My cousin is graduating tomorrow in Miami. From there we are headed on a short cruise to the Bahamas and then back to Miami, followed by a road trip across the pan handle to New Orleans for my brother’s graduation-where I get to hear the Dalai Lama speak. My mom pre-shipped a case of wine to New Orleans and is checking one with her to FL….we got our priorities straight. hah. I cannot wait!!
(only thing I’ll be missing is my main squeeze here in DC. happy for facetime.)
Hey everyone! So my mom and her good friend have slowly started this business together and really need some small business support!! They have entered this contest and need your votes!
VOTE FOR MY MOM: http://bit.ly/Yo5aGj
It’s not always easy to feel love for yourself.
This is one of my favourite meditations to do on days when I feel the need a gentle reminder to nurture, nourish and be more compassionate to myself and my process. This is a wonderful daily practice for LOVE month.
- Find a peaceful, space either outdoors or one well lit with natural light.
- Sit in an upright position with your spine long, place your hands upon your heart and begin to breath deeply into your belly.
- When you have connected to your deep, belly breath bring the word L-O-V-E into your mind’s eye and feel the energetic impact of the word in your heart.
- Focus on each letter of the word L-O-V-E as you breathe and notice any vibrations that come into your heart
- Contemplate the meaning of love. Enjoy the journey deep within and bring awareness to the meaning of love within yourself. Be open to your intuition, creative ideas, images, feelings, emotions and revelations.
- Feel your heart and body fill with loving energy and release the word as well as any and all meanings basking in the afterglow of your feelings.
- Feel yourself completely surrendering mind, body, heart and spirit to the constant flow of love that exists within you and bring this energy into each interaction, creation and exchange of your day.
And to balance out the amazing naan pizza and wine I like to enjoy—-here is a great link to Two-in-One Toning Exercises. :)